| the 40 m bridge | design need | engineering |

| the 40 m bridge | design need | engineering | base paradigm adjustment | the hog and sag force paradigm |

question | are ships built to bridge 40 m ? |

I am in ship repair operations logistics .

Before you recieve a ship in a drydock the engineers representing the ship are sending a “dock plan” which in essence is a detailed instruction where the blocks the ship will rest on have to be, and which height those blocks need to have.

Those blocks are always very close to each other .

If you suggest that a ship needs to have a structural toughness to bridge a 40 m gap between waves anyhow .

So bridging 40 m in drydock will just be ok.

What you will get is a "those idiots have no idea what they are doing and will break my ship - as default reaction.

This is something i know for sure.

So based on that i would assume that "no ship on the ocean is built to bridge 40m "

So my suggestion would be to drop the “bridging a 40m gap needs to be within the engineering parameters” for a floating ring street.

And suggest the parameters that are obviously at work in marine engineering.

Which are rather - uniform support by boyancy is a status that is allways present and must be simulated VERY closely, even in drydock operations, otherwise the ship would break.

So basicly i need you to take a descision on how we handle the 40m bridge design requirement.

A - drop it on grounds of what is standard in ship design
B - make it base of the design

We will end with very different designs depending on that decision. ( and a very different cost base in USD per road kilometer )

In case you go for A the “underpin the plate with floating cells” can go forward…

In case you decide for B we need to go a different way and probably go for a “tubular design” that is much more capeable of “bridging”

Let me know how your calcs are doing…

grafik

check on “bridging distance” of the blocks…